Recent Book Grabs # 3!

You would probably know by now I've been blogging irregularly the past two months. I'm still trying to figure out how to cope up with all the work and reading and blogging! I've read books but haven't been able to review them yet. *sigh* I'm just hoping I can do a lot better soon. Anyway, the funny thing is, I tend to get a lot more books than I normally do when I don't have the time to read them! Seriously! You just need to take a look at the books I got in the past month. These include books bought, borrowed from the library and those received for reviews. This time I bought books that have been recommended by people, rather than going for my own preferences. Though, I'm super duper happy with the loot! Now I actually need a real bookshelf to accommodate them. ;). (The books at present, are stuffed into the study table racks).

Anyway, ta-da!
(Click on the titles to go the book's Goodreads page)

I know it's not a great picture, but I've included a better pic below!

Bought
1. The Idiot, by Fyodor Dostoyevsky: Recommended by a fan of Russian literature. This one will be on the shelf for a while unread, though. I'm anyway hardly getting the time to read and I need to start with the ones received for review first. 

2.  Dracula, by Bram Stoker: Recommended by the same person, too. And yes! I'm very much interested in reading this. I mean, the first, real vampire story ever written, first published in 1897? I so want to read that! And just look at the cover!  

3. The Immortals of Meluha by Amish Tripathi: Recommended by a lot of people, actually. The first book in the Shiva trilogy, based on ancient legends and set in India.

4. The Secret of the Nagas by Amish Tripathi: The second book in the Shiva trilogy. The third book hasn't been released yet. (And I'm hoping to read these two before it comes out :P)

5. Gagged and Bound by Natasha Cooper: Welllll, it so happened that I went to the library just to return and borrow books (obviously) and guess what? It had this mega sale, giving out old (and some new, too) books the library doesn't need, at very low prices! I bought four books from there, one of which is an academic book (Operations Management. I figured it wouldn't look good among these beauties ;)) and one other that I left at my friend's place my mistake.

6. Earth and Heaven by Sue Gee: Another one from that library sale! :D Total impulse purchase. 

7. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain: Just thought an introvert like me should read this book. I've read just a few pages, but it does seem very interesting. :)

8. The Secret of Teams by Mark Miller: This is a forced purchase! Okay, that's too harsh. We need to do a book review on a management book and our group chose this one. I just might get to keep it afterwards. 

9. Blood Promise by Richelle Mead: Okay, I was gifted this one. My brother thought I'd like books as a gift on the festival of 'raksha bandhan' (he knows me so well!). And so he saw the list of 'books I want' tacked on my study table and went to a bookshop. However, he got confused (courtesy my clumsy handwriting) and ended up getting book 4 and 6 from the Vampire Academy series. But hey, I'm not complaining! Now I have a solid reason to purchase the other 4! ;)

10. Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead: Book 4 from the VA series. I know I should have read this sooner, but it's never too late. ;)


Borrowed
(from the library)
1. Handle With Care, by Jodi Picoult: It's just amazing. I had read My Sister's Keeper by this author and after this one, I'm a fan! :D

2. Summer Sisters by Judy Blume: I had heard so much about this book and the author, but I haven't gone past half of the book. I guess it's because it's just not my type of book.

3. Silhouetted by the Blue by Traci L Jones: Seemed interesting so picked it up. Haven't read it yet.

4. Jump by Elisa Carbone: I picked this one up on the basis of the cover. Kids climbing mountains! And I just love mountains and thought I'd read a book that would give me an idea of the experience of mountain climbing. Just stared reading this, seems interesting. :)

Received for review
1. When the Snow Melts by Vinod Joseph: A thriller about the al Qaeda, diplomats, spies, IAG! Interesting book. Read review here.

2. Love, Peace and Happiness: What more could you want? by Rituraj Verma: Received today. Hope to read and review soon!

3. Legally, Lovingly Yours by Abhishek Bose: Received yesterday. Hope to read it soon too!

Won
1. "Chosen" Dark Passage by ML Wooley: It's an e-book, haven't read yet.

There were some freebies from Amazon.com too, which I'm not posting. Anyway, it's a good enough haul. I just need to find out enough time to read them. Good luck to me! ;)

PS- Amazon Kindle is now available in India too! (Croma stores!) Can't just wait to get one!! 


Comments

  1. Thats a lot of books!
    Handle with care is good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I somehow feel kind of biased with in-depth family stories ;)

      Delete
  2. I was going to ask about the white book and the kids on the rock one had you not said something about them. Still, I'd definitely like to know more about 'Quiet: the power...' from you, when you read it. :)

    Great haul by the way, and that too excluding the e-books. Nice. ;) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. yeah! I hope to read those soon and will let you know about them :)
      Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  3. Ah, delicious! I too loooove flaunting my book grabs. It feels so good :-) i intend to do a similar post soon, have been intending to do it for so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I just love seeing those piles ;)
      Will look out for your post! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment